We have designed a simple 10 day program to suit our shoppers with all the right stuff included:
- Simple step up and step down food plan, including an optional fasting phase for the more daring… we know who you are!
- Superfood based supplements containing sprouted foods to nutrify and alkalise your body.
- Fermented supplements to nourish and re-inoculate your digestive tract and boost your immune system.
- Recipes ready for you on our website.
- 7 day support via phone, email or in-store.
*Both supplements chosen to support you during this program are made locally, and contain mostly certified organic ingredients. They contain live, bio-available ingredients that are alkalising and cleansing, and both suitable for the gluten sensitive.
10 day Fermented Superfood Detox food plan:
Start your day by drinking a dash of apple cider vinegar or the juice of ½ a lemon in warm water. This gets your enzymes ready to cleanse, digest and heal!
Follow with a freshly made organic juice or smoothie. (If you don’t have a blender or juicer – come and see us! We not only sell the best juices and smoothies in town, we also sell the best juicers and blenders!)
- Our top juice suggestion is an organic green juice, containing cucumber, zucchini, green leafy veg (kale, spinach, silverbeet, parsley), lemon and turmeric. *Design your juices to be at least 80% vegetable content.
- Our top smoothie suggestion is also green, containing a base of organic coconut water, blended with frozen blueberries, ½ avocado, and a handful each of kale and spinach leaves. You can also add some protein powder (we suggest our own brand of Pea Protein Isolate).
- A warmer breakfast may include some cooked brown rice with cinnamon, topped with stewed apples and berries, sprinkled with a handful of our spiced, activated grain free muesli.
- A fresh fruit salad with some activated nuts and a herbal tea is also a nice, light option.
Lunches and Dinners:
- Alkaline Broth Recipe: Add equal portions of: Celery, Green Beans, Zucchini, Spinach, Kale, Parsley and Carrot to a steaming basket. Put enough water in the pot that it won’t boil dry, but also that it doesn’t touch the steaming basket. Steam for a few minutes until vegetables are still crunchy (check with a fork). Place your vegetables and steaming water into a blender and puree. You can add organic herbs and spices to the broth to enhance the flavour (a small amount of Himalayan salt or organic vegetable stock is ok).
- Vegetable Soup: Cut a selection of vegetables into small pieces and boil them for an hour in a soup pot. Add natural vegetable stock and fresh herbs and spices to taste. Include onions, garlic, brussels sprouts, kale and leeks to enhance your liver function. You can make enough soup to last a couple of days and store it in the fridge or freezer. A small dash of tamari and Himalayan salt is ok to add at the end of the cooking process.
- Steamed vegetables with unpasturised sauerkraut (Peace Love & Vegetable brand), tamari sauce (Spiral Organic), brown rice, sesame seeds and cashews. Here’s a tip: add a dash of lemon juice to your vegetables just before the steaming process is complete for a tangy twist!
- Salad ideas: Most of our salad selections in our cafe in-store are perfect for this detox, so grab a large container and let us do the work for you! If you are making your own, the options are bountiful! You can grate your vegetables, roast them, keep them raw, sprouted or lightly pan fried. Ask us in store if you get stuck. Remember, dress with apple cider vinegar, fresh herbs, lemon juice, olive oil and/or tamari sauce. You can also use brown rice, legumes, nuts and seeds to keep things interesting.
- Fresh, organic juices and smoothies (sugar free – low fruit)
- fresh fruit or vegetable sticks with hummus
- a handful of nuts and seeds
- a teaspoon of the Raw Greens powder in water or rice milk (especially if you are fasting)
- Herbal teas, a cup of your vegetable broth or soup will also suffice.
- Have you tried Kombucha drink? This amazing probiotic rich drink is also fine, providing it’s unpasteurised and free of sugar.
- Coconut water is also fine, and naturally contains electrolytes to replenish you on a hot day.